mandag den 20. maj 2013

Thursday night, getting closer!

Thursday I had to go to work, but kept it short, so I was back at the garage around five o'clock.

Started out with the intension of mounting the manifolds, so I cleared the tool dolly, to make a mobil work table - but found a spring and cam retainer!
The call to my girlfriend went like this;
Rikke: "Hello?"
Me:!"Hi honey. Can you remember, if you put the spring and small shaft piece in the hole, I told you not to take out?"
"But I had to clean it?"
"Yeah, I know, but I told you to put it back in, when you were finished- did you?"
"I don't know... Hang on a minute... Hi!... Yeah, got the Suzuki back from the mechanic... It's rusty, I know..."
"Honey?"
"No, I don't know, what's for dinner..."
"Honey?!"
"Yeah, she's out back... What's that?"
"Honey, I need to..."
"Ha ha, yeah..."
"Sweetheart! Can you focus? If you can't remember, I have to take the front cover off, and that might take..."
"Well, he is at work..."
"Sugar mouse!! Can you remember?"
"What? Remember what?"
"If you mounted the spring and..."
"Oh, no- well, I'm not sure. You were there, can't you remember?"
"No, I was looking after my parts."
"Well, I don't know, maybe... Yeah, salad."
"What? Never mind, I'll just rip out the engine and spend 4-5 hours to see, if it's in there...(said sarcasticly)"
"... and some meat... Yeah, you do that, and have fun!"
"What?! Well, bye..."
"What? Yeah, bye!"
So don't say, I am the clustered minded one all the time, sugar mouse! ;-)

Lifting the front of the engine, it cleared enough to get the cover off, and luckly I did, as it was missing.

Throwing on the manifolds and magneto, just see, if it could run, I was able to start it up thursday evening a little past eight- and it sounded good! It's been a while, since I've heard a model A engine that quiet, and I've never had a hope for such a good sounding engine!






I was so excited, that I completely forgot to video the first start up, but this is second, after I mounted the radiator:
YouTube Video

Getting ready for first test drive:



Back after first test drive. Third gear makes a lot of noice, so I desided to look at it friday.



This is how, I test drove it- no fiddlediddles, just what's needed to get it running! Luckly I live in a quiet contry side!



Just to show, how well it runs, I took this clip as well. Please note, it only took a quater turn with the crank, before it runs!

YouTube Video



Keep 'em kruzin!
Dannerr